City of Green Bay
In May 2021, Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos announced a new investigation into the 2020 presidential election. The investigation is led by Michael Gableman, a retired judge who has publicly suggested that the 2020 election was “stolen.”
In October 2021, Gableman served subpoenas demanding records and interviews with officials from the state and from five Wisconsin cities. And in December 2021, Gableman served additional subpoenas.
States United, along with Law Forward and Stafford Rosenbaum, are serving as pro-bono counsel to the City of Green Bay in response to those subpoenas.
Earlier this year, States United and Law Forward wrote a letter to county and municipal election officials outlining the numerous security risks and legal violations implicated by third-party election reviews like the one underway in Wisconsin.
- Letter from States United and Law Forward
- Letter Re: Petition of a Writ of Attachment of the Person
- Mayor of Green Bay – Subpoena
- City of Green Bay, Clerk – Subpoena
- City of Green Bay – Subpoena
- Celestine Jeffreys – Subpoena
- Information Technology Services – Subpoenas
- Motion for Sanctions
- Brief in Support of Sanctions